Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Finn Church Aid is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations. Finn Church Aid is committed to continue working until people in need of assistance can make their own living and fulfill their basic needs. Finn Church Aid also campaigns for dignity and justice.
Job Summary: The Data Assistant will support the M&E Officer in data collection and analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will collect and tabulate project data for education and livelihood sectors
- Visit the ﬁeld and collect case studies, stories, failures and bring them to the attention of Management
- Adapt and develop monitoring tools and visit all activities to check on progress and otter support and direction in line with the program strategic plan and report on the quality and implemented services.
- Prepares and updates the program reporting calendar/schedule
- Use the information collected to assist in the production and timely submission of internal and external data templates and reports
- In collaboration with the project Manager responds to donor inquiries and questions ‘
- Undertake data cleaning and prepare necessary reports and updates and determine the information requirements of the project
- Regularly update the project information needs and answer any data queries from time to time
- Regularly takes photos in all activity proceedings including meetings, big gatherings, and events and process the same for end users.
- Manage the data base of the project and ensure that it is routinely updated
- Liaise with UNHCR and other key partners to understand the data requirements and ensure that the donor data needs are met
- Provide technical support to project staff and on data issues and ensure that staffs understand the data requirements of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Data Assistant job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Demography, Statistics, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related ﬁeld.
- Previous experience in data collection and management is required ‘
- Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and resume to: email@example.com stating the vacancy job title in the subject line. Alternatively, “applications can be hand delivered at FCA Kampala office using the address below. Ensure to indicate the job applied tor on the left hand comer of the envelope. Please do not attach academic papers it you send by email.
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Plot 1495, Roche Close – Muyenga, Off Tank Hill Road
P.O Box 21826, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 18th January 2019