Organisation: National Population Council (NPC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to:Administrative Officer
National Population Council (NPC) is a Government Agency established by an Act of Parliament in 2014 as a semi-autonomous institution under the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development. The National Population Council transitioned from the Population Secretariat that was established in 1988. It is mandated to formulate and review the National Population Policy, promote the integration of population variables in development planning at all levels with emphasis in harnessing the Demographic Dividends (DD) and mobilize resources for implementation of the National Population Policy and Programme.
Job Summary: The Office Attendant will facilitate effective operation of offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive mail and files from action officers.
- Deliver mail and files to action officers internally and outside
- Carry office equipment that need to be moved between offices or to vehicles for authorized transportation
- Ensure offices are clean and organized
- Photocopy documents
- Undertake any official errands outside the office as instructed by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Office Attendant must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a credit in English Language and Mathematics. A certificate in Office Management will be an added advantage.
- No work experience in the field is required, but can be added advantage.
- Ability to ride motorcycle in busy setting will be an added advantage
- Basic Office and records Management skills
- Neatness and cleanliness
- Able to organize work
- Communicating Effectively;
- Public Relations and Customer Care
- Effective time management
- Loyal and respect for others
How to Apply:
All applications with detailed CV, copies of certificates transcripts and national identity card should be addressed and hand delivered to;
The Director General,
National Population Council,
Plot 9 Colville Street, 2nd Floor, Statistics House,
P.O. Box 2666,
Deadline: 30th January 2019 by 4:00pm