Organization: Bunyoro Kitara Kingdom
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to:Prime Minister, Bunyoro Kitara Kingdom
Bunyoro-Kitara Kingdom (BKK) is a Kingdom in Western Uganda. It is ruled by the Omukama of Bunyoro. The current Omukama is H.M. Dr. Solomon Gafabusa Iguru I, the 27th Omukama (king) of Bunyoro-Kitara. The people of Bunyoro are known as Nyoro or Banyoro (singular: Munyoro); the language spoken is Nyoro (also known as Runyoro).
Job Summary: The Chief BKK Administrative Officer/ Secretary to Cabinet will monitor and provide oversight over BKK Secretariat including the legal, financial, human resources and the BKK resources. The incumbent will facilitate cabinet meetings and provide support to Cabinet and its committees; ensure that all Cabinet decisions are appropriately documented and communicated.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounting Officer of BKK
- Provide impartial Secretariat services to the Cabinet and Cabinet committees
- Provide advice to the Prime Minister and other ministers on certain constitutional, policy and procedural issues (especially those contained in the Governance Manual)
- Act as a channel of communication between the Cabinet and the Administrative Offices, and responsible for the overall policy and administration of BKK.
- Issue guidance to departments on BKK decision making issues, through Cabinet Office Circulars, briefing Ministers and staff
- Maintain a central record of Cabinet and committee submissions and minutes
- Prepare agendas for Cabinet and its committees, organizes meetings schedules, distributes, meeting papers, produces and distributes minutes of the meetings, and its committees.
- Arrange and make preparations for Official cabinet meetings including drafting of agendas, distributing cabinet packages.
- Manage all BKK Staff
- Prepare, maintain and ensure the security of the cabinet meeting minutes’ records
- Communicate cabinet direction to the administrative offices and monitor compliance with cabinet direction in relation to legislation, policy.
- Promote good Corporate Governance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in: Accounting, BBA, Commerce, Economics, Social Sciences.
- Post graduate qualification in management
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a senior administrative position or policy making role
- Accounting knowledge
- Management Knowledge
- Computer knowledge
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Excellent problem solving and analysis
- Excellent relationship building and networking
- Age: 30 to 45 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters, CVs, three referees and copies of academic and work experience credentials must be sent online to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25th February 2019