Organisation: The Embassy of Ireland in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to:Second Secretary
The Embassy of Ireland in Uganda was opened in 1994, and serves the purpose of advancing relations between Ireland and Uganda and representing Ireland’s values and interests in Uganda. Ireland’s current strategy (2016-2020) for Uganda is guided by our foreign policy, The Global Island, Ireland’s Foreign Policy for a Changing World’, and Ireland’s policy for international development, ‘One World One Future’. The strategy covers the breadth of the Embassy’s work including consular and visa services, cultural promotion, trade and investment promotion, political engagement, and the development cooperation programme, which is closely aligned to the Government of Uganda’s second National Growth and Development Plan.
Job Summary: The Facilities & Resources Manager is a key member of the senior management team and he/she works closely with the Head of Mission, Office Manager and Administration Staff at the Embassy. The Facilities & Resources Manager reports to the Second Secretary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active engagement in senior management decision-making processes including attendance at senior management meetings.
- Maintain the Embassy properties: ensuring they are in good condition.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all Embassy property.
- Update premises profiles as required.
- Review of leases and ensuring timely renewal.
- Ensure the proper implementation of records in vehicle log books.
- Provide monthly fuel consumption report to the concerned authority.
- Co-ordinate all security issues to ensure the safety of the staff and property at the chancery, the residence and expatriate staff houses.
- Review performance of private security firm.
- Liaise with state police on deployment of VIPPU officers for the security of the Embassy and Official Residence.
- Ensure that contracts with service providers for office machinery, supplies, fumigation and refuse collection are operational and renewals are made in a timely manner.
- Office equipment: efficient use, maintenance and repair.
- Utilities bills verification prior to payment, liaison with service providers to maintain supply, preparation of requests.
- Store maintenance; stock re-ordering and accountability.
- Ensure all vehicles are insured, serviced, maintained and daily checks are completed and records updated.
- Review and implement transport requests.
- Ensure that the monthly fuel bills are reconciled prior to payment.
- Performance management of staff being supervised; drivers and support staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Embassy of Ireland in Uganda Facilities & Resources Manager job must hold a Degree in Business Management or other relevant qualification.
- Experience in people management.
- Knowledge of facilities management i.e. the laws/principles governing tenancy agreements.
- Knowledge of fleet management repair analysis and general vehicle maintenance.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and perseverance.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills and analytical abilities.
- High motivation with a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deliver results through a team.
- Efficient communication and a high standard in English, both spoken and written.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines.
- A very high standard of personal integrity.
- Previous experience with an international organisation is desirable but not essential
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Embassy should send their completed application forms, download here via e-mail only to Recruitment.Kampala@dfa.ie, with the subject line; Facilities & Resources Manager.
Deadline: Wednesday, 27th February 2019 by 4:30 pm