Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Audit
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Officer conduct audits to ensure that all company systems, policies and procedure are being observed and applied and make recommendations for improvements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Auditing and Audit Reports;
· Assist the Internal Auditor with establishing the objectives, scope and methodology of the audit and developing an audit program.
· Perform audit work in a professional manner and in accordance with current professional auditing standards
· Conduct a risk analysis to develop the nature, timing and extent of audit procedures for the audit.
· Assist in the reviewing and evaluating of the overall accounting and operational controls and assists in the same for computerized systems.
· Document the operation and internal control systems in a manner that is sufficient to complete the audit objectives.
· Perform cash counts, physical inventories or other audit procedures as requested by the internal auditor or as needy to meet the audit objectives.
· Create working papers to document the audit work performed and support the audit report.
· Prepare summary memorandums and draft audit reports.
· Develop audit recommendations to assist in improving operations and internal control systems.
· Perform follow up procedures to assess the adequacy of the implementation of recommended actions.
· Communicate the status of work to the internal auditor on a regular basis.
· Perform any other duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Internal Audit Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related discipline e.g. Commerce, Business Administration from a reputable university or college
· Professional qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA Audit Experience, Skills and Abilities
· At least two years working experience in an auditing environment.
· Possess analytical skills
· Knowledge of current accounting and auditing standards, procedures and requirements
· Computer literacy in MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, Spreadsheets, Outlook.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
· Comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines applicable to the organization.
· Use professional judgement and skepticism to conduct audit work.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their cover letter together with an up-to- date CV and Academic documents as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource
Deadline: 13th March 2019