Organization: Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) is a body corporate established under the Lotteries and Gaming Act No. 7 of 2016 which came into effect on 8th April 2016. The Act is supported by a set of 5 Regulations which came into effect on 28th May 2016. The law mandates the Board to regulate the operations of lotteries, casinos and betting houses (Industry).
Job Summary: The Director Legal and Board Affairs will plan and coordinate departmental activities including compliance and Enforcement activities, Board affairs and meetings and provide legal counsel to the Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall coordination and overseeing LGRB compliance, inspection and enforcement activities.
- Supervise and conduct LGRB litigation in courts of Law and other adjudicating fora in line with the applicable Laws, interpret laws, advise and guide the Board on any Legal Matters.
- Draft legal documents and review draft legislation.
- Develop and review strategies for the Boards’ litigation advocacy.
- Attend court on behalf of LGRB.
- Receive and disseminate information and services of all legal documents and prepare responses in accordance with the Lotteries and Gaming Act and other relevant laws.
- Draft NGB laws, regulations and dissemination of written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Coordinate the preparation of Board Meeting schedules, agenda ,secretarial service , communication of Board decisions and reports for meetings in line with the Boards guidelines
- Coordinate the necessary follow ups of Board resolutions with action officers in line with Board’s guidelines
- Performing any other duties assigned by CEO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) Director Legal and Board Affairs job opportunity should hold an Honors degree in law
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Master’s degree law or Business Administration.
- Management qualifications and Membership to relevant Professional Associations i.e. Uganda Law society.
- At least eight years’ experience of which 5 years must have been at a Senior Management level in a reputable organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send copies of certified academic and professional qualifications addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board,
4th Floor, Communications House,
Plot 1. Colville Street,
P.O. Box 5446 Kampala. Uganda
Applications can either be hand delivered, mailed or sent by courier. Applications by mail or courier must reach before the deadline date. Two professional referees must be named and their physical addresses, telephone number and email.
Deadline: 4th April 2019 by 5:00pm