Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Skills Development Officer reports to the Senior National Content officer, Capacity Building and is responsible for coordination of skills development in oil and gas operations in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a skills development program for the Oil and Gas Sector.
- Review and advise on the compliance of the IOCs annual training and skills development proposals in line with the requirements.
- Prepare and submit annual recruitment programs in line with the regulations and the proposed work program.
- Review of training and skills development programs submitted by the licensed Oil Companies, their contractors and subcontractors.
- Support the development and maintenance of the National Oil and Gas Talent Register (NOGTR)
- Ensure the adherence to the approved training plans and provide periodical (quarterly& annual) progress reports.
- Ensure adequate follow up and implementation of the decisions of the Oil and Gas Skills Development dialogue.
- Work with the responsible government body to regularly undertake skills development Audits and prepare reports on the state of skills development by the oil companies, their contractors and subcontractors.
- Support the development of guidelines on training and skills development in the sector.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Skills Development Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Education, Human Resource Management, or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution.
- At least three years of relevant working experience gained from a busy and reputable organisation
- Demonstrated experience working in a capacity building role in an organization/business unit/project with diverse professionals.
- A qualification in the oil and gas sector from an internationally recognized institution.
- Good Knowledge of the policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding skills development in the Oil and Gas Sector.
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the relevant computer packages like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, among others
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.