Organisation: StrongMinds Uganda (SMU)
Duty Station: Mukono and Iganga, Uganda
Reports to: District Project Officer
StrongMinds Uganda (SMU) is a national not-for-profit NGO affiliated to StrongMinds US. StrongMinds is a young dynamic rapidly growing organization whose focus is to “Treat Depression at Scale in Africa “one of the silent killers. Since inception about two and half years ago, SMU has treated well over 7,000 patients. In pursuit of its goal and 2017 annual objectives and impact, SMU is doubling the size of its Uganda based work-force.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant is responsible for stewarding staff in real time data entry into electronic systems including gathering, reviewing, and follow up on M&E processes with timely M&E feedback to teams and the M&E department. This a field based position and reports to the District Project Officer with technical supervision from both the Data Officer and the M&E Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake impromptu field monitoring visits during group sessions to validate reported or verify client numbers in session, client audits and any other information required by the M&E department to improve data capture and reporting.
- Provide timely and continuous support to field staff on computer tablet usage and soft-ware challenges during the cycle and ensuring that staffs and interns have functioning tablets or phones.
- Serve as on-site trainers, mentors and trouble shooters to staff for effective roll out of real time data entry into the existing electronic system or any new app that may emerge, and actively solve emerging M&E issues from staff and peer facilitators in consultation with M&E team.
- Support field staff and peer facilitators’ compliance to prompt and proper client data filing by leading the process to print tools, organize and secure client paper files at field locations, including review of client files for completeness and filing
- Attend weekly staff debrief meetings to ensure M&E feedback on data entry and any other updates are accurately communicated to the teams as well as the M&E department in a timely manner to inform alignment of M&E processes and policies with actual realities of program implementation.
- Provide the ‘FIRST ALERT’ regarding any anomalies in data by staff or external data collection firm that may reflect strange occurrences happening at field level.
- Despite this not being a data entry role, you may under specific circumstances be called upon to enter data in the electronic system
- Perform any other responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the supervisor and M&E department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree qualification in Social Sciences, Development studies, Quantitative economics, Statistics, population studies with a Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of two years’ progressive work experience in Monitoring & Evaluation including data management in a fast paced and demanding NGO setting for health, education and other development projects.
- Highly analytical – with the ability to identify opportunities for process improvement, and redundancies or problems in advance and to creatively solve them as a way of life
- A big picture thinker that can simultaneously understand large organization goals in conjunction with the goals of each individual employee.
- Someone with a Passion for data, with Knowledge in how and when to use data appropriately, and experience in electronic data applications and systems
- A natural trainer that has the skills to explain complex M&E processes and requirements to field staff in a way that is engaging and easily digestible.
- Excellent team work skills to establish and maintain collegial relations with others
- Willingness to reside upcountry and travel within communities using motorcycles
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Fast and willing learner with excellent communication and time management skills
- Flexibility in carrying out tasks
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self driven, hard working, results oriented, eager to learn
- Good team player
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a sample of their technological portfolios, short cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 15th March 2019