Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Data Management Officer (Petroleum Engineering) will be responsible to and report to the Senior Data Management Officer (E&P). The incumbent will be responsible for managing surface and subsurface engineering data in accordance with PAU Data Management Policy as part of the team supporting the PAU’s’ data management mandate. He /She will also provide support for petroleum engineering Applications used by technical teams in the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of surface and subsurface engineering data
- Responsible for the management of petroleum facilities data including pipelines, refinery, etc.
- Responsible for receipt of engineering data submitted by licensees and QC for content, data format, readability and general compliance with legal reporting requirements prior to archival/storage, cataloguing and maintenance
- Participate in the data dissemination process to stakeholders by ensuring timely response to data requests, quality control, speedy packaging and pricing of the data
- Participate in the review and development of relevant policies, legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines pertaining to the management of petroleum data.
- Provide support, advice & guidance on engineering Application usage and maintenance
- Set up and manage user accounts and permissions on the workstations
- Provide user mentoring in application usage, data loading and workflows.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Data Management Officer (Petroleum Engineering) job placement must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum engineering, petroleum geoscience, engineering, physical sciences, from an internationally recognized institution
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional work experience in the oil and gas industry.
- A Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Data Management or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution
- Membership to relevant professional organizations.
- Knowledge of relevant data types and workflows within the Exploration and Production Engineering Application suite and between 3rd party applications.
- Must be self-motivated and interested in working in a busy and dynamic environment where quality, attention to detail, customer service, are essential values.
- Proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Proficiency in relevant industry computer packages and software
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.