Organization: Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) is a body corporate established under the Lotteries and Gaming Act No. 7 of 2016 which came into effect on 8th April 2016. The Act is supported by a set of 5 Regulations which came into effect on 28th May 2016. The law mandates the Board to regulate the operations of lotteries, casinos and betting houses (Industry).
Job Summary: The Director Finance & Administration will plan, coordinate and provide strategic and operational direction to department and oversee treasury, budget and finance functions, administration of office premises and staff matters of the Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee accountability and control for the Boards expenditures in line with the relevant laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Develop, monitor and review annual operating and capital (development) budgets in line with the accounting standards, budgetary provisions and the Boards regulations.
- Overseeing and leading annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administering and reviewing all financial plans and budgets; monitoring progress and changes and keeping senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Coordinating and leading the annual audit process, liaising with external auditors.
- Managing organizational cash flow and forecasting and effectively communicating and presenting the critical financial matters to the CEO.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicating monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Over seeing general administration of office premises and staff including recruitments, trainings, staff welfare, IT function, procurements, supplies of goods and services.
- Manage the performance and development of staff in the department in line with HR policies and the set performance objectives.
- Performing all other duties as assigned and required by the CEO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) Director Finance & Administration job opportunity should hold an honor’s Degree in either Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, from a recognized University
- Professional qualification in ACCA or CPA
- A Master’s in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Any other relevant qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least eight years’ experience of which 5 must have been at a Senior Management level in a reputable organization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send copies of certified academic and professional qualifications addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board,
4th Floor, Communications House,
Plot 1. Colville Street,
P.O. Box 5446 Kampala. Uganda
Applications can either be hand delivered, mailed or sent by courier. Applications by mail or courier must reach before the deadline date. Two professional referees must be named and their physical addresses, telephone number and email.
Deadline: 4th April 2019 by 5:00pm