Organisation: GOAL International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Manager
GOAL International is an international non-profit organization that was founded in 1977 and works to promote the realization of the fundamental rights of the poor, the vulnerable, and those affected by humanitarian crisis. GOAL currently works in 16 countries, with our head office in Dublin, Ireland.
Job Summary: The Fleet Officer will be responsible for the provision of high quality transport services to GOAL staff, the incumbent will ensure efficient and cost effective maintenance, repair and utilization of GOAL’s fleet of vehicles and motorcycles. She/he will also be responsible for monitoring the movement of vehicles in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient running of the transport operation and ensure that all cost, quality and performance targets are achieved. Maintaining transport KPI targets at 97% or higher.
- Ensure that a transport solution for the following day’s work is planned in a timely manner to meet the needs of the organization whilst ensuring that legal compliance is maintained and vehicle efficiency is maximised.
- Complete driver debriefs on their return and ensure that all paperwork and vehicle issues are dealt with appropriately.
- Generate clear & concise communication flows between drivers and staff concerning work expectations and route requirements.
- Ensure complete legal compliance and maintenance of high safety standards.
- Ensure that all vehicles are operated in compliance with current Road Transport Regulations.
- Ensure all vehicle service inspections are made well in advance, service schedules are adhered to and any issues that arise are communicated and dealt with appropriately. Deal with all defects immediately and record remedial action and ensure these are communicated appropriately.
- Maintain GOAL Health & Safety standards and ensure all staff training is up to date and legally compliant.
- Ensure that driver resource is planned in advance and appropriate cover made to utilise the fleet to its maximum capacity.
- Monitor costs and continually search for ways to improve quality and gain better value for money from other transport service providers.
- Verify all vehicle repairs and maintenance; including other transport invoices and deal with any issues before passing them to the Logistics Co-ordinator for authorisation.
- Supervise all drivers and mechanics and deal with any staff issues that arise in accordance with current GOAL HR Policy of employment and escalate to Logistics Co-ordinator as appropriate.
- Continually enhance and develop the transport operation in all areas. Advise on how changes in legislation could affect operations.
- Work closely with the warehouse team and other staff to ensure that all transport and logistics solutions are fully integrated and designed to improve customer service.
- Prepare and submit carefully analysed monthly reports in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the GOAL International Fleet Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Transport Management or related field; exceptionally, degree or qualification may be replaced by a minimum of 6 years’ experience directly relevant to the post
- At least three years of previous experience as a fleet officer or logistician, preferably with an NGO; proven experience in fleet and office administration;
- Driving license class DL with at least five years of driving experience;
- Well-developed database management skills particularly MS Access, data entry and spread sheet maintenance skills with experience in utilising MS office programs;
- Well organized & good planning skills;
- Ability to solve problems, take initiative and planning of tasks;
- Proven experience in delivering high level customer service in a fleet management environment;
- Understanding of fleet policy and reporting requirements;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Background in vehicle mechanics;
- Professional qualification or part completion of a professional qualification e.g. CILT (UK).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda on the email: email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES, indicate the job title in the subject line.
Deadline: 15th March 2019