Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Senior Geophysicist (Technical Evaluation) will be responsible for coordinating geophysical data interpretation and will report to Manager Technical Evaluation. He / She will work closely with Senior Geologist in order to achieve lead and prospect evaluation, resource estimation and recommending exploration and appraisal programs. He / she will be responsible for reviewing and advising on the geophysical data proposals submitted by oil companies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for geophysical data acquisition, processing, interpretation and archiving
- Review and advise on the acquisition parameters of geophysical data
- Quality control geophysical data during acquisition
- Contribute to resource assessment of the Country
- Contribute to prospect evaluation and related risk assessments;
- Review and advise on geophysical work programs submitted by operators
- Selection of exploration priority targets within licensed blocks and advise management;
- Participate in selection of relevant geophysical data to be acquired in the licensed areas.
- Coordinate relevant research for recent technologies in data acquisition and interpretation;
- Evaluates geophysical data acquired by the companies;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to Manager, Technical Evaluation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Senior Geophysicist (Technical Evaluation) job placement must hold a Master’s degree in Exploration Geophysics from an internationally recognized University.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) Physical Sciences or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution.
- At least five years of relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector, in a busy and well-organized institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Geophysical data interpretation.
- Good knowledge of data interpretation software.
- Demonstrated working experience in an organization /project with diverse professionals that requires team work.
- An internationally recognized professional qualification or membership of an internationally recognized professional body in the areas of oil and gas.
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Track record of training and mentoring others.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the relevant computer packages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.