Organization: Good Neighbors
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Good Neighbors is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization committed to child education, community development, and emergency relief projects in 30 countries around the world. We have fundraising offices in the USA, Korea, and Japan, and an International Cooperation Office in Geneva. Good Neighbors USA opened its Los Angeles office in 2007, which currently handles fundraising, donor management, volunteer programs, and marketing campaigns for all major projects. In December 2010, a Washington, D.C. office was established to network and partner with other organizations, as well as obtain grants from U.S. government agencies and foundations.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will provide grassroots project management and implementation, monitoring and documentation of beneficiaries, generate reports in different forms and share data to partners as per the information sharing protocol and assumes the responsibilities given under the purpose in accordance with a well-defined framework of policies and procedures under immediate supervision. He or She will ensure the smooth information exchange between Good Neighbors International Uganda and other key stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development technical proposals for the programme.
- Manage the program budget and ensure regular communication with the Accountant, Project Manager and Country Director on all budget matters.
- Develop and implement programme annual plans and strategies in line with the organizational work plan and strategic plan.
- Undertake Policy Analysis and Research to facilitate results-based advocacy and campaigns.
- Lead in documentation of best practices from the Lessons learned out of implementations of this project in the form of policy briefs, analytical papers, Newsletters, and online platform updates
- Proactively organize and engage in advocacy campaigns so as to advance the goals and objectives of the project.
- Identify, establish, strengthen, join local, National, Regional and Global Networks and Alliances so as to maximize impact at all levels.
- Engage with the Country Director and M& E officer to undertake periodic reviews, conduct Monitoring, Evaluation and learning of the Program Area to enhance its implementation.
- Effectively ensure that all project activities are undertaken on schedule and where flexibilities are technically required are adequately communicated and approvals thought from the relevant parties on time
- Participate in all organizational and project related meetings and organization development activities.
- Represent the organization in partners meetings as assigned by the Country Director
- Undertake any other duties as maybe assigned by the Country Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Economics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Law from a recognized University.
- At least five years of experience in research and advocacy; project management, implementation, design and evaluation preferably with a reputable organization.
- A thorough knowledge of program management, evaluation, reporting and budgeting; An excellent knowledge of capacity development issues in areas of Health and other girls issues is required.
- Strong organizing, work planning and scheduling skills, capable of handling large volumes of assignments accurately and thoroughly while balancing several complex agendas.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and ability to produce well written reports.
- Ability to respond to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations, with tact and emotional maturity without losing focus.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organization in a multi-cultural environment.
- Language proficiency: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge in any other official language will be an additional advantage.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Respect for organizational, intercultural and ethical values
- Learning and Innovation
- Resource mobilization and fundraising
How to Apply:
Hands deliver at Good Neighbors Head Office, Plot 3242, Ochola Close, Muyenga, and Block 244, P.O. Box 2934, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 8th March, 2019