Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Petroleum Officer/Gas Processing & Utilization will report to the Senior Petroleum Officer Refining, Gas conversion. He / she will be responsible for supervising the development and operation of gas processing and utilization facilities in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the engineering designs during development of gas processing and utilization facilities and advise management.
- Plan the gas processing and utilisation procedure to ensure the maximum output
- Review the agreements and contracts on gas processing and conversion facilities and advise management.
- Review and advise on standards and codes during development of gas processing and utilization facilities.
- Ensure the smoothness of all processes related to gas processing and utilisation in the country.
- Supervise the maintenance and repair works in the gas processing and utilisation facilities in the country.
- Record all the quality test results, analyse and present them before management
- Regularly monitor the processing facilities and machinery to ensure the quality.
- Work as a trouble shooter in the times of emergency or technical snags in the gas processing and utilisation facilities.
- Supervise the layout of the gas processing and utilisation facilities properly by keeping all the factors in mind.
- Keenly monitor and supervise gas processing and utilisation project budgets along with schedules.
- Recommend any gas processing and utilisation facility modifications or changes.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Petroleum Officer / Gas Processing & Utilisation job placement must hold an honours bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology from an internationally recognized University/Institution
- At least three (3) years working experience in a gas conversion or in a midstream conversion facility.
- Master’s Degree in Chemical or Refinery Engineering from an internationally recognized University/Institution.
- An internationally recognized professional qualification or membership with an internationally recognized professional body.
- Good knowledge of the policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding petroleum conversion and processing.
- Highly innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.