Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Food for the Hungry (FH) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH’s primary goal is to respond to development needs and complex humanitarian emergencies. FH is currently operating programs in more than 26 countries and has national offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Korea, United States of America and Japan. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Agago, Kole, Kween, Mbale, and Mukono Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located it Kampala.
Job Summary: The Business Development and Communication Specialist is responsible for overall leadership in developing and executing strategies for grant acquisition and communication goals in line with Food for the Hungry Uganda’s vision and purpose.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resource Mobilization and Communication Strategy Development.
- External Engagement and Partnerships Management.
- Proposal Development Leadership.
- Build FH’s visibility and strengthen the organization’s brand and culture.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Business, International Development, Communications or similar field
- Five years of relevant experience working with a large and complex organization
- Proven experience and successful track record in resource mobilization (different models and approaches including campaigns, grassroots efforts, etc.), marketing and communications.
- Perfect verbal and written English, good presentation and reading skills with the ability to effectively communicate and positively influence. Pays attention to detail
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Proficiency in Photo and video-editing skills and basic computer programs such as word and PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Must work independently under difficult conditions
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills Passionate about fulfilling FH mission of demonstrating the love of Christ to people affected by disaster, conflict and poverty.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues
- Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes
- Maintains an attitude and behavior in accordance with FH values and principles
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th March 2019