Organization: Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Corporate Affairs
The Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) is a body corporate established under the Lotteries and Gaming Act No. 7 of 2016 which came into effect on 8th April 2016. The Act is supported by a set of 5 Regulations which came into effect on 28th May 2016. The law mandates the Board to regulate the operations of lotteries, casinos and betting houses (Industry).
Job Summary: The Officer Corporate Affairs will implement the Organization’s brand initiatives by identifying, developing, implementing and monitoring the strategies in line with the Organization’s strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement strategies drawn to sustain and maintain the Organization’s brand in line with set strategic objectives.
- Participate in the organization of LGRB official events in line with the Organization’s guidelines and set procedures
- Develop and submit new brand concepts with a view of improving the existing Brand and the strategic objectives.
- Support the Manager Public & Corporate Affairs in conducting regular brand audits to monitor the brand performance in line with the implementation program of the Organization’s Objectives.
- Coordinate the monitoring and surveillance activities to ensure the Organization’s corporate image and reputation is upheld and not tarnished
- Stay abreast of industry and corporate developments, events and issues in support of the Organization’s corporate image and responsibilities
- Facilitate the flow of information to the media through the corporate publications in line with the Organization guidelines.
- Edit and format photos, video and data for inclusion in the annual reports and/or uploading to the website
- Perform any other duty as directed by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) Officer Corporate Affairs job opportunity should hold an Honors Degree in Mass communication (Public Relations options), Journalism and other related courses from a recognized university.
- A post graduate qualification in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- One year of experience in Public Relations in a reputable organization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send copies of certified academic and professional qualifications addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board,
4th Floor, Communications House,
Plot 1. Colville Street,
P.O. Box 5446 Kampala. Uganda
Applications can either be hand delivered, mailed or sent by courier. Applications by mail or courier must reach before the deadline date. Two professional referees must be named and their physical addresses, telephone number and email.
Deadline: 4th April 2019 by 5:00pm