Organization: Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Geoscience Manager
The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) was established under Section 42 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013 and incorporated under the Company’s Act 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. The overall function of UNOC is; “To handle the State’s Commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry.”
Job Summary: The Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for identifying and quantifying oil and gas reserves and developing strategies to maximize recovery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with geoscientists, production and petroleum engineers to develop subsurface dynamic reservoir models and predict production potential.
- Provide reservoir engineering inputs required for the preparation of Field Development Plans and Reservoir Management Plans; such as predicted production profiles, well count, data acquisition plans etc.
- Perform the development, maintenance and history matching of dynamic reservoir simulation models.
- Support an integrated team of geoscientists, drilling and production engineers to monitor field performance and optimize production.
- Assess opportunities for future infill wells, workovers, near-field exploration targets and enhanced oil recovery and prepare appropriate recommendations.
- Monitor the acquisition of engineering data to ensure quality and adequacy.
- Participate in the estimation of the petroleum resources/reserves including development of production and reserve booking profiles.
- Evaluate of partners’ reservoir engineering proposals and participate in meetings with Partners and Authorities, when required.
- Assist in the development of operational procedures for E&P operations and in ensuring that all operations are conducted according to approved procedures.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) Reservoir Engineer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Engineering, Geosciences or any relevant degree.
- Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering or any other relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Be skilled in integrated reservoir modelling and simulation. Have knowledge of development and production operations, Health & Safety standards and operational procedures.
- Substantial experience in dynamic modelling of petroleum reservoirs, history matching and sensitivity analysis using Eclipse (or similar software).
- Ability to work independently, but also work effectively within a multi-discipline team environment to develop appropriate work programmes.
How to Apply:
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda National Oil Company Ltd,
Plot 15, Yusuf Lule Road,
P.O. Box 36316, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 22nd March 2019 by 5:00pm