Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant (Travel & Protocol) will mainly deliver standard business support processes in the area of Assets and Facilities Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check the provision of a range of services, in coordination of facilities, Fleet Management, and related areas in the identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services;
- Facilitate inventory control and management ensuring: Receiving of inventory, Recording of assets and tracking in the corporate system (GEMS) accurately including using of GEMS Mobile Application rolled out in the country;
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and regular reporting on Asset Management, to enable decision making and the effective management of resources;;
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with the established procedures;
- Carry out research and perform basic analyses of data, communicate to internal and external stakeholders including HQ to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources on Asset Management.
- Be a point of contact for Travel and Protocol for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues;
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Travel & Protocol) job placement should hold a Diploma in any of the following disciplines: General Administration, Business Administration, Secretarial Studies or related field obtained from a recognized institution
- At least four (4) or more years of progressively responsible work experience working in a busy environment in reputable organisations in a relevant business stream.
- Experience in managing assets and facilities
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 14th March 2019