Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/AA/04/03/2019
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Payables
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scrutinize major suppliers with regard to booking of invoices, payments, debit and credit notes on a regular basis.
- Ensure the suppliers accounts are reconciled at least once in every quarter and arrange for their balance confirmation and following up on reconciliation
- The incumbent will prepare the cash flow budgets and submit monthly reports to the Manager – Payables.
- Support the Manager- Payables in preparing returns with VAT and EXCISE for timely submission to URA
- Assist Manager- Payable in depositing all statutory dues like NSSF, PAYE, corporate advance tax, VAT and EXCISE among others after checking of computation.
- Keenly check the reconciliation of Gross Payment Account and ensure that the physical balance is tallying with the General Ledger.
- Check the supplier’s accounts with regard to foreign exchange impact on settlement and give impact to foreign exchange gain or loss account.
- Perform detailed analysis of payables balances; prepare reports documenting trends and financials and operational performance and ensure timely distribution of reports to Management.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Manager Payables / Financial Controller.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mukwano Accounts Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or any other related field with specialty in Accounting.
- Additional certification qualifications in accounting packages like CPA, ACCA, etc is an added advantage.
- Two years of working experience in an FMCG environment in the same position with knowledge of computerised accounting systems
- Excellent professional, integrity, confidentiality, analytical, conceptual, creativity, innovative, numerical, report writing, communication and customer care skills.
- Should have a positive attitude, be self-driven, flexible, results focused, work under pressure with minimum supervision and the ability to work extra hours
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th March 2019
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.