Organisation: KCB Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Head of Corporate Banking will be accountable for developing and implementing a Corporate Banking strategy which involves responsibility for the performance of Custody Services. The job holder will also be responsible for growing Corporate Banking business across all customer segments. The job includes continuous enhancement of the breadth and depth of product lines for the Unit to achieve and sustain competitive positioning in the target markets. Effective account relationship management resulting in optimization of customer satisfaction, retention and wallet share through selling multiple solutions (cross-selling) from the entire Bank’s product range is critical.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of the overall business strategy and execution plan covering the Corporate Banking and Custody Services customer segment.
- Generate diverse revenues /commissions, fee income and net interest income] from structured and Trade Finance solutions/ transactions.
- Manage off-balance Sheet Trade Finance business including documentary LC, Guarantees and Acceptances.
- Grow other trade related business volumes pre- and post shipment finance, stock finance, post import finance facilities among others.
- Provision of critical inputs in various Trade Finance and cash management instruments in order to ensure that the Bank is not exposed in any undue risks;
- Increase and diversify the Corporate clients revenue base through formulation and marketing of Trade Services and Cash management products to corporate, institutional and selected retail clients;
- Ensure strong cross-selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant Business Units in the Bank.
- Ensure recruitment and maintenance of good quality assets, as well as a pricing model t-hat generates target profitability across the Corporate Business.
- Contribute to and take a proactive role in policy and the strategic, direction of the Business.
- Lead and manage the corporate function workforce (Custody Services, Relationship Managers and Corporate Bankers).
- Ensure adequate, relevant training and proper positioning and leveraging of the function’s Human Resource.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations i.e. BOU Acts and regulations, including internal Bank’s processes and procedures.
- Prepare and present the Corporate Banking and Custody Services business performance and Strategy Papers to the Board.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the KCB Bank Head of Corporate Banking career opportunity must hold a University Degree preferably in Business related field. A Post graduate degree and/ or relevant Banking qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least ten years of experience in commercial banking with at least 5 years in a Senior Corporate Banking management position.
- Good appreciation and knowledge of the Banking industry, latest Corporate Banking market trends, Custody Services as well as challenges.
- Excellent Cross-Cultural People management skills, Team Motivation and leadership
- A good understanding of Banking Law and Practice as well as Corporate Governance Principles.
- Sound IT proficiency.
- An appreciation of Risk Management and Knowledge of internal controls
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with proven people, leadership, communication and negotiation skills Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National ID.
- KRA PIN Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 months old)
- Academic & Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable
Deadline: Wednesday, 20th March, 2019