Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Systems Support Assistants will be responsible to and report to the Systems Administrator and Network Administrator and will be able offer general ICT support, dealing with hardware and software enquiries; working together with all staff of the PAU to deliver a professional high-quality service level to end users. The ICT Support Assistants will be First line or tier one support for all support user requests and will be carrying out routine computer maintenance and monitoring, managing bookings for and setting up the IT training suite.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support different Microsoft products such as Office (various versions)
- Support of hardware and software for all PAUs devices and applications from Servers, Desktops and Laptops
- End user and product support for printers and photocopiers
- OS Support – Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- OS Server Support – Microsoft 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
- Experience of SQL Server and Exchange Server 2012, Active Directory in a virtualized environment
- Respond to and log calls, escalating calls as required with key support vendors
- Event day support may be required from time to time
- Provide one on one training when requested
- Actively participate the IT recycle program for the PAU
- Be the first point of contact for staff on collection of new hardware and replacement hardware from the different Directorates with in the PAU.
- Set up new hardware following IT policies and procedures
- Provide endpoint security support to PAU staff
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Systems Support Assistant job placement must hold a Diploma Computer Science, Diploma. IT, Diploma. Computer Engineering
- Membership to an International or National Body in the IT field
- COMPTIA, Linux+, A+ or a related Certification
- At least three years’ experience in a related role.
- Must have good understanding of, and practical experience of offering ICT support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
- You will need to well organized and be able to prioritize workload
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.