Organisation: Soroti Fruits Limited (SOFTE)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to:Assistant Manager Technical Services
Soroti Fruits Limited (SOFTE) is a fruit processing plant and a subsidiary of Uganda Development Corporation (UDC). The company will also produce ready to drink fruit juice as well as concentrates from Ugandan produced fruits notably Oranges, Mangoes and Pineapples.
Job Summary:The Mechanical Engineer will be designing new Systems and processes for the introduction of new machines and for the improvement of existing ones undertakes scheduled and breakdown maintenance of manufacturing equipment or plants
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose breakdown problems and provide solutions where applicable
- Generate specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components:
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Deal with emergency and unplanned equipment breakdown and repairs.
- Take lead in the repairing and equipment maintenance
- Supervise, mentor, motivate and guide technical services staff
- Ensure compliance to all health and safety regulations
- Manage equipment stocks and supplies
- Responsible for developing and directing maintenance programs for all mechanical equipment
- Investigate equipment failures, attend to remind work orders, and ensure reduced downtime.
- Supervise and assign specific repair and maintenance tasks to mechanical i technicians.
- Prepare and submit periodical reports about ongoing repair and maintenance i activities.
- Inspect work for satisfactory completion
- Manage mechanical engineering inventory and ensure that adequate quantities of spares are always available.
- Conduct on the job training for subordinate staff, monitor their performance and working standards.
- Uphold and enforce health and safety precautions in adherence to the company’s SHEQ policy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Post Graduate qualifications in a related field is an added advantage
- Three years of factory machine maintenance experience from a food/fruits processing/FMCG factory
- Ability to positively deliver under pressure
- Good verbal, written communication skills, staff mentoring and supervisory skills
- Adequate IT and Analytical skills
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of engineering practices in an FMCG factory
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment failures in a short period
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods, and procedures in a work place
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Team work and good interpersonal skills
- Adequate IT and analytical skills
How to Apply:
Applications accompanied with detailed curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to
The Chief Executive Officer,
Soroti Fruits Limited,
Plot 1-4, Pineapple Road, Soros Industrial & Business Park, Arapai,
P.O.Box 154, Soroti.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd March 2019