Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Geophysicist (Operations and Compliance) will be responsible for reviewing geophysical well proposals submitted by oil companies. He / She will be responsible for monitoring field geophysical data acquisition and ensure that all the data is submitted to the Authority. He / She will supervise data acquisition operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor petroleum operations undertaken by oil companies
- Supervise the acquisition and quality control of geophysical data;
- Review and advise on geophysical data acquisition proposals submitted by operators
- Participate in selection of relevant geophysical data to be acquired in the licensed areas.
- Undertake relevant research in geophysical data processing and interpretation
- Responsible for geophysical data processing
- Ensures that all geophysical data approved at ACM is acquired by the companies;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Geophycisist (Operations and Compliance) job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Petroleum Geoscience or Physics from an internationally recognized institution.
- At least three years of relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector, in a busy and well-organized institution
- Good knowledge of the oil and gas policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding petroleum exploration in Uganda.
- Proven supervisory skills in the field as well as in an office- based environment.
- A Master’s degree in Exploration Geophysics from an internationally recognized University.
- An internationally recognized professional qualification or membership of an internationally recognized professional body in the areas of oil and gas
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the relevant computer packages
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.