Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Petro physicist will be involved in monitoring the acquisition and validation of wireline data during development and production drilling. He/she will participate in the planning, acquisition and validation of wireline and other petrophysical data. He/she will report to the Senior Operations Geoscientist.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the acquisition, validation and interpretation of wireline and other petrophysical data during development and production drilling.
- Undertake petrophysical evaluation of wireline and other petrophysical data during development and production drilling, completion, testing and work- over programs.
- Support the review of licensee work programs and budgets relating to petrophysical data acquisition, analysis and interpretation
- Participate in the development and review of workflows, procedures, guidelines and standards for management of wireline and other petrophysical data in the development and production phase.
- Participate in the development of an internal database for wireline and other petrophysical data.
- Participate in the evaluation and review of field development and production programs, plans, consents, applications, permits and production forecasts submitted by licensees.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Petro physicist job placement must hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) degree in Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geosciences or physical sciences from internationally recognized University / institution.
- At least three years’ experience working in a similar role in the petroleum sector.
- Master’s degree in Petroleum Geosciences, Petroleum Geophysics or Petroleum Engineering from an internationally recognized institution.
- Demonstrated ability to use industry standard petrophysical data processing and interpretation software.
- Membership to relevant professional organization.
- Innovative and a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in relevant industry computer packages and software.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.