Organisation: Soroti Fruits Limited (SOFTE)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to:Finance and Administration Manager
Soroti Fruits Limited (SOFTE) is a fruit processing plant and a subsidiary of Uganda Development Corporation (UDC). The company will also produce ready to drink fruit juice as well as concentrates from Ugandan produced fruits notably Oranges, Mangoes and Pineapples.
Job Summary: The Procurement & Logistics Officer will effectively execute procurement of goods works and services in line with the factory’s material and supplies’ needs and in line with the PPDA regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management, administration, and supervision of the factory’s purchasing programs.
- Ensure consistent implementation and continuous improvement of the factory’s 1 procurement policies
- Analyze procurement requirements and select the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices and experience .
- Plan, organize and lead the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing request for Quotations (RFQs) and developing bid evaluation criteria to enable the factory get the best value.
- Work with user departments to ensure that the quantity and specification of goods and services to be procured are property determined and accurately specified.
- Maintain relationships with leading local and international vendors.
- Maintain records of purchases, usage and inventory levels and advise on materials to order levels.
- Coordinate reporting and monitoring of procurement plans including processes and procedures for compliance and system improvement
- Analyze market and delivery systems for assessing present and future availability of materials and services
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics & Procurement Management, Business Administration (BBA) or related field.
- Postgraduate qualification in Purchasing and Supply will be an added advantage
- Certificate recognized by the professional males management governing body and certificate in Supply Chain Management or equivalent will be added advantage
- Three years of cognate experience in Procurement/Supply Chain Management preferably in factory setting, FMCG most desired.
- Thorough knowledge of PPDA rules and regulations.
- High level of individual initiative, planning and good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to make judgment and decision with respect to procurement within delegated authority
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Personal integrity and excellent communication skills
- Concentration, accuracy and attention to details are required
- Good computer skills
How to Apply:
Applications accompanied with detailed curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to
The Chief Executive Officer,
Soroti Fruits Limited,
Plot 1-4, Pineapple Road, Soros Industrial & Business Park, Arapai,
P.O.Box 154, Soroti.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd March 2019