Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning, coordinating and guiding audit assignments to strengthen internal controls and improve business processes and systems. The Senior Internal Auditor reports to the Manager Internal Audit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct analytical reviews on business processes, develop and supervise the implementation of audit plans.
- Quality assure audit reports prepared by Internal Auditors and submit them to the Manager Internal Audit for further administration.
- Quality assure audit query verification reports to ascertain whether agreed positions have been implemented or not.
- Prepare audit query reports for submission to Management and the Board Audit Committee highlighting the status of audit issues in the organization.
- Plan and budget for resource requirements in the business Unit and monitor the usage of resources to ensure efficiency.
- Develop and monitor a Business Unit Work plan and develop performance agreements with all the staff under supervision.
- Monitor staff performance and provide guidance and periodic feedback for performance improvement.
- Assess the training and development needs of staff under supervision and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to staff under supervision.
- Initiate and implement activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the business Unit.
- Implement succession planning and any other staff related programs as introduced and approved in the organization.
- Create and maintain a working atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation in the team.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Senior Internal Auditor job placement must hold a Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration from an internationally recognized University.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Petroleum Geoscience or Physical Science from an internationally recognized University / institution.
- Must be a member of a Professional Accounting Body.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Audit, 3 of which must have been attained in leading and auditing function at a supervisory level.
- Experience in auditing practices and procedures, including all legislation and regulations relevant to the work of Internal Audit.
- Knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards
- Membership to the Institute of Internal Auditors and qualification in internal audit like CIA, CISA, CRMA
- Knowledge of the application of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, 2015
- Knowledge of National and International Audit Standards
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work and produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
- Ability to coach, mentor and guide subordinate staff.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.