Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/SO/04/03/2019
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate secondary market orders with the Channel Partner (CP) and promptly advise on delivery
- Manage and ensure primary and secondary targets are achieved for the assigned territory
- Implement sales improvement initiative strategies in retail markets
- Audit and advise CPs on acquisition of appropriate logistics and man power resources to support retail expansion distribution
- Empirically update customer databases and submit on a weekly basis
- Guide CPs sales team to optimize product placement into secondary markets
- Monitor usage of coolers in assigned territory and submit status report to the Regional Sales Manager
- Keenly monitor the usage of company distribution panel vans in assigned territory and provide performance report to the Regional Sales Manager
- Provide a daily price analysis for towns in assigned territory to the Regional Sales Manager
- Ensure that the CP route sales trucks are being optimized for retail / wholesale distribution with adequate frequency to ensure product visibility
- Ensure appropriate product display in retail and wholesale outlets at eye contact level
- Develop new accounts in assigned territory and advise CPs to effectively supply products
- Ensure that sales information system reports are maintained by CPs and updated on time as required
- Follow up on customer balances as per credit days and advise on invoices due for clearance
- Actively participate in sales promotion activities including: trade fairs and sales campaigns
- Analyze CP floor stock and give advice on order booking in relation to CP targets.
- Prepare and submit weekly market intelligence reports to the regional sales manager
- Supervise and guide merchandisers for optimum product visibility in supermarkets and retail outlets
- Prepare and submit daily reports to your supervisors
- Perform any other duties that maybe assigned from time to time by the Regional Sales Manager or Head Office Sales staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mukwano Sales Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any other related field. A post Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree in Business Administration with a specialty in marketing is an added advantage.
- Two years of relevant experience in the marketing field in FMCGs
- Excellent professional, integrity, confidentiality, analytical, innovative, report writing, communication, team work and customer care skills.
- Should have a positive attitude, be self-driven, flexible, results focused, work under pressure with minimum supervision, ready to move in the field and the ability to work for long hours.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th March 2019
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.