Organization: International Women’s Coffee Alliance (IWCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to:Executive Director
The International Women’s Coffee Alliance (IWCA) Uganda Chapter is part of a global network of self-organized, self-governing women aimed at advocating for the reduction of barriers for women in coffee producing countries by providing access to resources while creating a forum through which women connect with others throughout the coffee value chain. IWCA Uganda Chapter started in 2010, with the goal developing a strong and visible network of women in the coffee industry who can share their experiences, resources and contacts with others throughout IWCA chapters in producing and consuming countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Budgeting and Budget monitoring
- Provide support in preparation of budgets and work plans for IWCA Uganda Chapter.
- Regularly monitor budget and cash-flow management by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for Management or Board decision making.
- Prepare general ledger account analysis and reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain books of accounts
- Prepare financial statements and reports accurately and within set time frames
Banking and Bank reconciliation
- Coordinate the Chapter’s banking transactions.
- Manage the bank account and ensure timely and accurate bank reconciliations.
Petty cash management
- Prepare petty cash vouchers and reconciliations.
- Adequately manage petty cash and account for it.
Audits and Financial records
- Prepare reports, schedules and other documents required for both internal and external audits. Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions.
Procurement and Asset Management
- Offer technical support in the procurement of goods and services for the Chapter including sourcing of quotations, evaluation of quotations, preparing Local Purchase Orders and Goods Received Notes.
- Maintain the Chapter’s asset register.
- Plan and provide logistical support for the IWCA Uganda Chapter Office and other fora such as meetings, workshops and training events.
- Facilitate processing of travel documentation or transport logistics for Staff and Stakeholders as and when necessary.
- Support preparations for meeting and take minutes when necessary.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or Commerce, or Accounting, or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of working experience in a finance and accounting role.
- Good team player.
- Work independently as well as collaborates with others.
- Analytical. Ability to quickly assess and analyse problems and develop solutions.
- Organized. Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Knowledgeable in accounting principles and methods.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 26th March 2019.