Organisation: Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services (UIBFS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to:Membership & Business Development Manager
The Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services (UIBFS) is a Membership organisation comprising of: Corporate members, (all clearing banks in Uganda), Associate member institutions, Fellows, Associates, Ordinary and Student members, who all make annual subscriptions for running of the Institute. The Governor of Bank of Uganda, is the Patron of the Institute.
Job Summary: The Membership & Business Development Officer will provide all-round support to the Membership & Business Development function of the Institute. He/ she shall be an agile person with good information management, communication and business development skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Institute ‘s membership growth strategy through provision of information and updates to members, enrolments and update of member data base, invoicing and collection of dues;
- Maintaining close links with the financial services industry through regular calls, follow up of developments in the industry and promoting the Institute;
- Support the attainment of departmental and institutional through tracking institutional performance and execution of the marketing, branding and communication strategy and plan.
- Direct responsibility for the planning and execution of member events (such as public lectures and conferences), awards and publications;
- Direct responsibility for the Institute ‘s library facilities including collection and development needs, circulation analysis, cataloguing and classification, ICT, reference services, archiving, stock taking among others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in a business or information management related field (commerce, business administration, economics, Information Science and IT) ;
- Two years relevant working experience.
- Possession of a professional banking & finance qualification, exposure to digital marketing and previous experience in the financial services sector shall be added advantages.
- Agility and analytical with a readiness to appreciate the dynamics of the financial services industry;
- Relationship building, communication and business development skills: ability to engage with members and the broader financial services industry;
- Good information management skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their online applications with copies of academic transcripts, CV and contact (telephone and email) of three referees at the link below.
Deadline: Wednesday 29th March 2019 by 5:00pm