Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Senior Drilling and Completions Engineer will be responsible for monitoring and regulation drilling and completion engineering aspects of drilling programs and well proposals as well as well completions, workovers, well maintenance and integrity. He/she will report to Manager Operations and Surface Facilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the review and evaluation of drilling and completion aspects of Field Development Plans, Petroleum Reservoir Reports and any other technical proposals related to work over operations, recompletion, abandonment of wells, drilling, well proposals, drilling programs and advise on the issuance, renewal and revocation of licenses and facility construction proposals.
- Responsible for the review of proposals regarding cessation of petroleum activities and decommissioning and make recommendations thereof
- Responsible for reviewing licensee work programs related to development drilling and completions operations to support their timely review and approval.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating drilling and completions standards and materials standards for all well and surface facility related facilities and operations.
- Monitoring of drilling, completions, testing, work overs, well construction, and related petroleum operations by licensees.
- Ensure well planned, executed and cost-efficient development drilling operations by licensees as well as optimal utilization of existing and planned wells.
- Advise on the required procedures, policies and legislation and standards for safe and secure licensee operations related to drilling and completions operations.
- Coordinate the preparation, documentation, review and submission of periodic progress reports related to drilling and completion to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Develop Performance Agreements and monitor performance to provide guidance to staff
- Assess the training and development needs of staff in the Department and recommend appropriate interventions
- Initiate and implement activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the Business Unit.
- Create and maintain a working atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation in the team.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Senior Drilling and Completions Engineer job placement must hold a Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Chemical, Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or physical sciences from an internationally recognized institution.
- At least five years of relevant working experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a team in an organization/business unit/project with diverse profession within the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Experience in upstream petroleum industry field operations.
- Qualification and/or experience in drilling and completions in the petroleum industry.
- Membership to relevant professional organizations.
- Innovative and with proven high level of integrity
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using of relevant drilling and completions software.
- Excellent analytical/critical thinking skills
- Proven record of outstanding performance
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.