Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/PME/04/03/2019
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Electrical Supervisor
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the installation of new machines in the plant electronically
- Maintain, repair and optimize the plant
- Diagnose and attend to all machine electrical faults and breakdowns
- Carry out preventive, autonomous and breakdown maintenance on all equipment
- Report and assist in the analysis of incidents or potential hazards
- Keenly monitor and record the use of work place consumables and make requisitions where required.
- Use and maintain workshop/power room tools in accordance to working conditions and specifications.
- Daily check and confirm that machines meet safety standards
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Prepare daily maintenance reports for submission to the Electrical Supervisor and Production Officer
- Offer operational support to the Machine Operators
- Actively participate in daily housekeeping practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mukwano Plant Maintenance Electrician job must hold a Higher or Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized institutions
- At least three years of experience in electrical repairs and maintenance in a manufacturing set up.
- Strong electrical aptitude, mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Should have a positive attitude, effective communication, professional presentation, high level of integrity and confidentiality, ability to work extra hours, self-driven, flexible, results focused, creative, innovative, and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- S/he should have excellent good customer care skills, should be flexible to work at on call and be physically and mentally fit, fast and resilient to all climatic conditions.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th March 2019
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.