Organization: Compassion International
Duty Station: Uganda
About Compassion Project:
Bukedi Diocese Church of Uganda is a Christ centered Pentecostal churches committed to fulfilling the great commission as mandated by our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:16-20. This is done in a holistic approach of ministering love to the hurting world which includes also Child development ministry.
Job Summary: The Project Director is the team leader of the project staff and must exhibit a high sense of integrity. He/She is expected to offer knowledge, guidance and technical skills to children, project committee, parents, fellow project workers and church leadership in holistic programming. He/She is a member of a local church and is willing to support the church especially in its children ministry.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Development Studies, Social Work, Education, Business Studies, Social Sciences, Community Psychology and Theology.
- Be a Christian role model for children and their families.
- Must have good interpersonal relationship skills, a team builder and willing to take initiative
- Must have computer skills
- Must have working ability to apply and adapt established accounting procedures to variety of accounting transactions, problems and situations.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills in English and local languages
- Previous supervisory experience is an advantage
- Day to day project management
- Supervising other staff.
- Development of professional skills to staff Selecting and implement the child development curriculum
- Must be willing to undertake any other child related and Christian work assigned by the Diocese in partnership with compassion International, Uganda.
- Computer skills and knowledge in Basic accounting are a must.
- Age: Between 21 – 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit or hand deliver their hand written applications, Curriculum Vitae, copies of their academic documents, recommendation from their Priests or Pastors to the undersigned:
The Diocesan Secretary,
P. O. Box 170, Tororo. Uganda
Deadline: 29th March 2019
N.B:Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.