Organisation: Mott MacDonald
Duty Station: Uganda
About Mott MacDonald:
Mott MacDonald is a leading, employee-owned global management, engineering and development consultancy with £1 billion revenue and more than 14,000 staff working in 140 countries for both the public and private sectors. Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Environment, Climate, Water, Roads, Rural & Urban Development, Education, Health, Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries. Together we implement and manage projects in developing countries and emerging economies around the world, supporting national governments and municipalities in policy, planning, project design and delivery. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to improve the lives of people in need.
About SESIL Programme:
SESIL (Strengthening Education Systems for Improved Learning), is a four-year education programme designed to improve the quality and equity of measurable learning outcomes at lower primary level in Uganda. SESIL will do this by strengthening the systems needed to manage and raise the performance of four key drivers of learning outcomes: teachers, schools, districts, and assessment and examinations.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will sit within the “Programme Management & Administration Team’ which is responsible for ensuring that all financial, operational and administrative aspects of SESIL run effectively. The Administrative Assistant will be required to do the following in each area:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the procurement activities;
- Liaise with finance team on payments to vendors/suppliers;
- Monitor and keep accurate records of the Project Asset & Inventory Registers;
- Support the delivery arrangements of all goods including printed materials;
- Establish a good working relationship with suppliers, including the establishment of maintenance agreements for items such as generators, ICT equipment etc.
Events and Logistics
- Supporting the Technical Team in the organisation of events, meetings and workshops;
- Administer finances at events, in accordance with Mott MacDonald Finance procedures, when required;
- Liaising with hotels and accommodation providers;
- Support in the effective mobilisation of international staff and sub-consultants coming from overseas, including:
- Communications with UK team members for support with visa applications, flight bookings, and security briefings;
- Management and timely communication of local arrangements such as airport transfers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have qualifications/proven experience in an administrative or operations role;
- Experience handling logistical challenges in Uganda and in negotiating to ensure efficient use of resources;
- Experience of organising events – managing bookings, invitations, advertising, printing, and on-the-day requirements;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Willingness to be pro-active, responsive and flexible to the changing requirements of the project;
- Excellent IT skills and confidence in Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to coordinate various activities at the same time;
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure;
- A team player with experience of working within team hierarchies and towards the common vision of a programme;
- Ability to liaise with UK-based staff in English by email and telephone.
- Other desirable competencies and experience
- Experience of working on donor-funded programmes in multi-national teams;
- Ability to draft letters in English;
- Ability to draft processes and procedures in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply direct via the careers website of Mott MacDonald at the web lick below. Please create an account and submit a curriculum vitae and application letter.
Deadline: 21st March 2019