Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/LA/04/03/2019
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Quality Control Officer
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Check the physical characteristics of products on the production line.
· Perform basic quality analysis of products, semi products and raw materials
· Prepare daily activity reports for submission to the Quality Control Officer
· Work closely with Production Supervisors on quality related matters.
· Clean-up spills by proper methods (housekeeping)
· Carry out record keeping for the laboratory activities.
· Perform simple repairs and/or calibrations of equipment.
· Prepare reagents for laboratory tests where required
· Collect samples of products, semi products and raw materials for analysis.
· Carry out all the cleaning of laboratory apparatus after any laboratory analysis and tests.
· Adhere to the health and safety and QMS guidelines at all times
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Quality Control Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Mukwano Laboratory Assistant job must hold an A’ level Certificate (with chemistry subject as a must), a certificate in Science laboratory techniques or Diploma in food science or Industrial chemistry
· One year of relevant work experience in a manufacturing set up.
· Should have a positive attitude, be self-driven, flexible, results focused, creative, innovative, work for long hours and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
· Effective report writing, communication and good customer care skills.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th March 2019
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.