Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistician
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC Tracing team, in cooperation with Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS), provides services to people separated by conflicts and other situations of violence in order to search for their family members and re-establish contact between them, especially unaccompanied children.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant supports the delegation’s logistics team by following up on and handling requests. The incumbent provides support in accordance with logistics standards, ICRC rules, financial procedures and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Procurement and Purchasing
- Ensures validation and recording of Requisition Orders (ROs) according to established criteria
- Ensures accurate and timely follow-up and treatment of Requisition Orders
- Provides feedback to the requester concerning status of validated Requisition Orders
- Update and close RO files
- Establishes and keep up to date RO Data Base
- Investigates for delayed RO
- Monitor and follow up on claims and claims procedures
- Carry out purchasing in accordance with ICRC standards within local area for those items not forwarded to Manila
- Ensures that purchasing is carried out in accordance with ICRC standards, is auditable and fully transparent and is carried out in to the satisfaction of the “client” departments
- Liaises with the Administration on financial issues
- Manages the warehouse including monthly stock inventory for all assistance items in accordance with ICRC guidelines
- Ensures all the stock items are accompanied by the appropriate documents
- Ensure that all warehouses are appropriate for requirements, clean and secure
- Reports to the Immediate Supervisor in order to enable him / her maintaining optimum stock levels, using cards or other systems, this according to regulations in place and instructions received by the Immediate Supervisor
- Responsible for the reception, careful inspection of all items delivered to all types of stocks and documents signature.
- Responsible for the proper and careful storage of all items and for their packing and loading for distribution to ‘clients’
- Supervises / checks the Loaders / Head Loaders while working in the store
- Locks warehouses whenever no staff is present
Computer systems / Field Supply System (FSS)
- As required to operate and maintain ICRC logistics standard computer system
Transport / Dispatch
- The incumbent will also arrange and execute forwarding of all assistance items, diplomatic pouch, personal effects to final destination as requested
- Send back to issuer all Waybills after having signature.
- Maximise fleet efficiency and effectiveness through planned resource allocation and maintenance in accordance with Workshop Manager (or VFM)
- Send monthly statistics to Headquarters all logistics forms copies after checking and signatures
- Abides by the Security Rules and the ICRC Code of Conduct at all times;
- Ensures optimal information management and sharing within the delegation in line with internal guidelines and in full respect of confidentiality principles;
- Performs duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provides support to other departments when necessary.
Key Result Areas
- Meetings with internal customers for collaborative demand planning (CDP)
- Order management
- Maintenance, follow-up and statistical reporting using the Field Supply System (FSS) application
- Follow-up on inventory levels
- Transport of goods and coordinating trips into the field
- Import-export formalities
- Filing and archiving of documents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Logistics Assistant job should preferably hold a University degree in Logistics, stores, supply chain management or related field
- Two to three years of work experience in a logistics department or environment
- Good computer skills, especially in Excel & Word
- Able to work within deadlines and sometimes under stressful conditions
- Driving skills with a valid driving permit with B and DM classes is an added advantage
- Personal integrity, honesty, discretion and reliability.
- Excellent report-drafting skills, with consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to train, coach and motivate others.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative and to work independently.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 20th March 2019