Duty Station:Lubowa, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to:Head of Customer Care
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 600,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Customer Care Trainer will plan, deliver, evaluate and report on training within the Customer Care department for both New and existing staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in planning and conducting department and company-wide trainings as may be required by the business.
- Works with management, Team leaders, QAs and CCRS to develop Training Needs Analyses and Training processes so as to align to changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies
- Determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, customer interaction scripts, multimedia visual aids, tutorials, and reference workshops. The Trainer may also work to improve the existing Training materials
- Conducts refresher training sessions covering areas identified in the TNAs such as on-the-job training, use systems, interpersonal skills, quality & process issues, and product knowledge and to carry out Training evaluation of all completed Trainings / workshops
- In charge on New Hire Induction training and oversees on the Job training and Probation performance monitoring and tracking for New hires.
- Reports on progress of employees under guidance during training periods, maintains training records and evaluates the effectiveness of trainings conducted.
- In charge of uniform and consistent communication of business information across customer care teams and participates in the effective translation of company-wide materials and product manuals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the M-KOPA Solar Customer Care Trainer job must hold a Degree in a relevant field from a recognized Institution
- Professional instructional skills
- Effective communicator and presenter
- Effective course design and development skills
- Customer centric
- Fluent in at least English & Luganda / or a major language found within any of the Sales Regions
- Able to work well under pressure and under minimum supervision
- A fast learner who is able to work with tight timelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- A team player with high levels of flexibility
- Good planning and organization capability
- Learning and Research orientation
- 80% time spent on Customer Service Training
- 20% companywide training
- Mostly office based. Minimal travel required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly mark your application as “Application _ “Customer Care Trainer”_ in the subject line of your email. The interested candidates should submit their application and CV addressed to
The Head of Human Resource & Administration,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala.
Deadline: Wednesday 20th March, 2019 by 5:oo PM
Please Note: Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 2 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.