Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Operation Geologist will report to the Senior Operations Geoscientist and will support the monitoring of wellsite operations by licensees. He/she will participate in the planning, analysis and interpretation of geological well data in the development and production drilling.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the evaluation, review and interpretation of geological well proposals and drilling programs in the development and production phase.
- Participate in the analyses, evaluation and description of formations on the wellsite.
- Participate in the evaluation of drilling data on the wellsite.
- Participate in the development and review of workflows, procedures, guidelines and data acquisition plans for development and production activities.
- Coordinate and participate in the supervision of mudlogging and wireline data acquisition operations.
- Coordinate and participate in the management of wireline and other well geological and drilling data.
- Participate in the evaluation and review of field development and production programs, plans, consents, applications and permits submitted by licensees.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Operation Geologist job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Geology or physical sciences from an internationally recognized University / institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in well drilling activities.
- Master’s degree in Petroleum Geosciences from an internationally recognized University / institution is desired
- Membership to relevant professional organizations.
- Innovative and a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in relevant industry computer packages and software
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.