Duty Station:Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to:Regional Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 600,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Field Sales Managers will recruit, train, coach & manage a team of up to 15 Direct Sales Representatives to meet sales targets of M-KOPA products. The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local networks to enable you to deliver current and future sales. The majority of your time will be coaching and working with the DSRs in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers, while fostering team spirit amongst the DSRs. You will also assist with the resolution of customer needs as they arise. This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of you team and sell a product that is upgrading people’s lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products by developing Local networks
- Recruit, train, coach, mentor, supervise and retain field based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets in line with M-KOPA business goals.
- Keenly monitor and evaluate the performance Direct Sales Representatives to meet sales targets and performance standards
- Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations in line with M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines.
- Uphold the brand values of M-KOPA, including ensuring the M-KOPA retail point standard and guidelines are adhered
- Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to Regional Sales Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the M-KOPA Solar Field Sales Manager job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- Two years of management experience in a related sales field. e. g Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile-money, FMCG or other product/service in East Africa is added advantage
- Experience in recruitment and management of commission sales agents
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team to hit direct sales
- Excellent communication and people’s skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with resilience and a “can do’’ attitude
- Willingness to work in rural areas.
- Must be fluent in local languages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to email@example.com. Please kindly mark your application as “Application _ “Field Sales Manager”_ in the subject line of your email. The interested candidates should submit their application and CV addressed to
The Head of Human Resource & Administration,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala.
Deadline: Wednesday 20th March, 2019 by 5:oo PM
Please Note: Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 2 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.